Articles on this Page
- 07/25/17--03:57: _July 2017 – Holden ...
- 09/29/17--02:22: _Sep 2017 – Carlos A...
- 09/29/17--03:42: _Sep 2017 –‘A New Ca...
- 10/28/17--05:24: _Oct 2017 – Rhythm &...
- 11/18/17--10:22: _Nov 2017 – WOODY WO...
- 03/07/18--01:31: _March 2018 – The Mo...
- 03/25/18--03:21: _MARCH 2018 – THE GE...
- 04/13/18--00:43: _APRIL 2018 – 45TH A...
- 05/17/18--01:30: _May 2018 – Steve St...
- 06/20/18--14:46: _JUNE 2018 – DUFFY A...
- 07/11/16--12:10: _July 2016 – David B...
- 08/11/16--11:52: _Aug 2016 –‘Five Ses...
- 09/11/16--13:57: _Sept 2016 – The Man...
- 10/31/16--08:53: _Oct 2016 –‘Five Ses...
- 12/20/16--07:12: _DEC 2016 – DAVID BO...
- 01/08/17--08:00: _Jan 2017 – David Bo...
- 01/31/17--08:10: _Jan 2017 – BlitzGal...
- 01/31/17--08:37: _Jan 2017 – London P...
- 05/11/17--08:09: _MAY 2017 – DEREK BO...
- 07/12/17--07:11: _July 2017 – DAVID B...
- 09/29/17--02:22: Sep 2017 – Carlos Alomar & Chris Duffy at Hansa Studios Berlin
- 09/29/17--03:42: Sep 2017 –‘A New Career In A New Town’ Hansa Studio, Berlin Launch
- 10/28/17--05:24: Oct 2017 – Rhythm & Brews Duffy Exhibition
- 11/18/17--10:22: Nov 2017 – WOODY WOODMANSEY INTERVIEW
- 03/07/18--01:31: March 2018 – The Morrison Hotel New York Exhibit
- 03/25/18--03:21: MARCH 2018 – THE GEOFF MACCORMACK COLLECTION
- 04/13/18--00:43: APRIL 2018 – 45TH ALADDIN SANE ANNIVERSARY
- 05/17/18--01:30: May 2018 – Steve Strange talk at The V&A
- 07/11/16--12:10: July 2016 – David Bowie is Opens at Mambo in Bologna
- 08/11/16--11:52: Aug 2016 –‘Five Sessions’ Guadalajara
- 09/11/16--13:57: Sept 2016 – The Man Who Fell To Earth Remastered
- 10/31/16--08:53: Oct 2016 –‘Five Sessions’ at Ono Arte Gallery, Bolgogna, Italy
- 12/20/16--07:12: DEC 2016 – DAVID BOWIE Brixton Pound – DUFFY’S ALADDIN SANE
- 01/08/17--08:00: Jan 2017 – David Bowie – Tokyo
- 01/31/17--08:10: Jan 2017 – BlitzGallery Tokyo – Bowie : Faces
- 01/31/17--08:37: Jan 2017 – London Proud Gallery –‘Five Sessions’
- 05/11/17--08:09: MAY 2017 – DEREK BOSHIER INTERVIEW
- 07/12/17--07:11: July 2017 – DAVID BOWIE “A NEW CAREER IN TOWN 77-82” BOX SET
“Lights, camera, clothes, models…” this is the call to action for the world of fashion photography. In the world of fashion, fame, and stardom, photographers must learn to function as directors, choreographers, and creative artists. From the early development of the camera to the present time, photographers have been both challenged and seduced by the […]
To celebrate the David Bowie box set launch ‘A New Career In A New Town’ Chris Duffy together with long time Bowie musician Carlos Alomar and Hansa Studio sound engineer Eduard Meyer were interviewed on on a panel by Matt Everitt of BBC 6 Music that was live streamed on the David Bowie Facebook page […]
The post Sep 2017 – Carlos Alomar & Chris Duffy at Hansa Studios Berlin appeared first on The Duffy Archive.
Parlophone Records launched the latest David Bowie box set ‘A New Career In A New Town’ at Hansa Studios, Berlin on the evening of September 26th. Chris Duffy together with long time Bowie musician Carlos Alomar and Hansa Studio sound engineer Eduard Meyer were interviewed on on a panel by Matt Everitt of BBC 6 Music […]
The post Sep 2017 – ‘A New Career In A New Town’ Hansa Studio, Berlin Launch appeared first on The Duffy Archive.
Chris Duffy introduced Duffy’s work to the residents of Chiswick and signed copies of his book Duffy Bowie:Five Sessions at the vinyl cafe Rhythm & Brews. As ever a talk with Chris is lively and it was a great crowd, great music and of course great pictures! The work is available to view until the […]
Chris Duffy interviewed Spiders From Mars Drummer Woody Woodmansey for the upcoming Duffy Bowie museum exhibition due to launch in 2018 (dates to be announced). Woody had some amazing insights into his time working with David Bowie. He also talked about his favourite drummers of the period, their styles and techniques, fascinating stuff. Woody also […]
To coincide with the David Bowie IS Brooklyn Museum exhibit The Morrison Hotel gallery in New York, Los Angeles and Hawaii have launched David Bowie exhibits. The Duffy Archive were at the private view in New York gallery along with photographer Geoff MacCormack and his wife Jo. Other guests included Bowie guitarist Carlos Alomar, his […]
The Duffy Archive attended the opening of the David Bowie • Geoff MacCormack Collection at the Francesca Maffeo Gallery in Leigh, Essex. Writer, Producer, Photographer and good friend of the Duffy Archive, Geoff exhibited his first solo show of these intimate photographs of David Bowie taken while he was David’s travelling companion between 1973 and […]
On 13th April 1973,David Bowie released his 6th studio album, Aladdin Sane, to critical acclaim. The Duffy Archive are excited to be marking this 45th anniversary with a limited edition of framed Aladdin Sane Stamps featuring Duffy’s photo of Bowie with the iconic lightning bolt across his face. Only 1973 hand numbered prints are produced to […]
Steve Strange was one of the most flamboyant personalities in the London club scene that launched the New Romantic movement of the early 1980s. With his band Visage, Fade to Grey remains one of the most enduring songs of the era. In 2016, the V&A acquired Strange’s archive from his family. In this illustrated talk, […]
The Duffy Archive presented to Tristram Hunt the director of the V&A this rarely seen image taken from the Aladdin Sane contact sheet to celebrate the V&A’s best-selling David Bowie is exhibition welcoming 2 million visitors during its final stop on its global tour in Brooklyn NYC. Since 2013 the exhibition has visited 11 venues in 10 […]
The post JUNE 2018 – DUFFY ARCHIVE CELEBRATES 2 MILLION VISITORS FOR DAVID BOWIE IS appeared first on The Duffy Archive.
The exhibition David Bowie IS finally lands at Mambo, a unique event in Italy and last stage of the tour in Europe, at Bologna from the 14th of July to the 13th of November. The posters are also displayed across the country in Milan and Rome. Check the Mambo website here. Today the V&A exhibition ‘David Bowie is’ opens at […]
The post July 2016 – David Bowie is Opens at Mambo in Bologna appeared first on The Duffy Archive.
The Duffy / Bowie Mexico Exhibit has moved onto Guadalajara at the Palcco Gallery from 22nd August to the 16th October Av. Central Guillermo González Camarena #375, casa del obrero mundial, Col. Residencial Poniente, Zapopan, Jalisco The Duffy Bowie exhibition opened this weekend at Pabellon M gallery in Monterrey Mexico showing a full selection of photo’s from […]
The cult film ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’ directed by Nick Roeg and starring David Bowie has been digitally remastered and re released on it’s 40th Anniversary. Shot in 1975 in New Mexico USA and released in 1976 the film depicts David Bowie as an alien who has come to earth to source water […]
Ono Arte Gallery in Bologna are exhibiting the Duffy/Bowie Five Sessions show. An Italian version of the Duffy/Bowie Five Sessions book has been released and will be launched at the show. The exhibit has received incredible press and will run until 6th November 2016. Opening today in Bologna! See the Duffy Bowie Five Sessions show […]
The post Oct 2016 – ‘Five Sessions’ at Ono Arte Gallery, Bolgogna, Italy appeared first on The Duffy Archive.
The Duffy Archive received a limited edition copy of the Brixton Pound today exhibiting Duffy’s David Bowie Aladdin Sane image. David had roots in Brixton and he gave his blessing to this project. The Brixton Pound will become part of the Duffy Archive’s permanent collection and part of our David bowie collection. The Brixton Pound (B£) is […]
The post DEC 2016 – DAVID BOWIE Brixton Pound – DUFFY’S ALADDIN SANE appeared first on The Duffy Archive.
Daikanyama T-Site, Tsutaya Books: This exhibition presents photographs of David Bowie, the legendary musican and cultural icon who had a huge impact on visual art. January 8th would have been Bowie’s 70th birthday, while January 10th will mark the first anniversary of his death. To coincide with the traveling “David Bowie is” exhibition organized by […]
Blitz Gallery Tokyo is exhibiting an exciting selection of David Bowie images from Duffy, Sukita, Terry O’Neil and others. BOWIE : FACES – a collaboration between Iconic Images and Blitz Gallery, Tokyo – is the most comprehensive exhibition of photography of the late David Bowie ever held. e show features the work of six photographers […]
Proud Galleries is delighted to present ‘Bowie by Duffy’; a celebration of the dynamic relationship between two of the centuries greatest artistic innovators. This exhibition of original prints signed by the late Brian Duffy is a moving insight into the minds of two exceptional creatives in partnership between 1972 – 1980. Duffy’s iconic images emphasise […]
Chris has been to LA this week to gather more interviews for our new exhibition, starting with Derek Boshier. The Lodger concept was a collaboration between Duffy/Bowie with graphic design from Boshier using Duffy’s experimental sink images in the gaterfold. Chris has commissioned Boshier to paint a Lodger image to be unveiled at the new […]
Parlophone Records have announced the third in a series of box sets DAVID BOWIE ‘A NEW CAREER IN A NEW TOWN (1977 – 1982)’ to be released on 29th September 2017. Duffy worked on two of the albums ‘LODGER’ and ‘SCARY MONSTERS’ in this new set. Exclusive to each of the box sets is ‘LODGER (Tony Visconti2017 Mix)’. The remix […]
The post July 2017 – DAVID BOWIE “A NEW CAREER IN TOWN 77-82” BOX SET appeared first on The Duffy Archive.